Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Scrapcetera's "Thankful" kit

What a perfect name for a November kit! Thankful, family, blessings...this kit just flowed for me! I'm at a stage where I AM so thankful for my family, especially our newest little addition, and I was definitely able to celebrate these things with the November kit from Scrapcetera.


One of the first things I made was this altered canvas. (yes, I may be addicted to them now, for those of you who saw my Celebrate. Create. canvas.)I used the bookprint paper from Lily Bee, the dictionary paper included in our kit, and then 5 smaller sheets I tore out of one of my husbands old books. (Shh! Don't tell. ;) ) and I loved the "begin and end with family" rub-on quote from the add-ons, that I had to showcase it somehow! So this now sits in our entryway. ;)



A close up of the quote and the flowers. I used a CuttleBug quilling kit to make them out of some of the Lily Bee paper.


Next up is this one about my 3 blessings. No, the Lily Bee rub-ons aren't that crummy, I wanted a more vintage vibe so I scratched off portions of the letters with my fingernail.



And last but not least is our little pumpkin head. That's what Josh calls McClain when he wears this hat. I just love it, and can't stop making him wear it. ;) These orange and blue papers were just the ticket for this LO.



Well that's all for me! I hope y'all check out Scrapcetera's kits. It's a new kit club and t=both October's and November's kits have been PACKED with patterned paper, and all sorts of embellishments! Go check them out! ;)

3 comments:

Gretchen said...

love all of these!! especially that pumpkin head one! heeeee!

Turnedgypsy said...

really cute!

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

wow these are beautiful! I love all the things you did with the book pages! Love the banner - cute!!!