Saturday, February 5, 2011

And just to keep it fair...

Do you ever find yourself taking pictures of one child more than the other(s)? I certainly do. I have one who seems to be a camera hog (can you guess which one?), one who doesn't know he can say 'no' to the camera (yet), and the other who runs, literally, almost every time I pull it out. Either that or she gives me such crazy goofy poses that she moves too much and the shots are all blurry.

Yeah, she's the one I don't scrap as often. My middle kiddo. She either won't let me or won't stay still long enough to get a good pic. sigh...BUT she was so proud and excited to start ballet that I got this precious shot of her. And thus, it got scrapped. (You know, just to *try* to keep it even.)

"First Day of Ballet"

I've tried to become a more detail oriented scrapper. Not just in my words, but also in my embellishments. Lately I've really been enjoying grouping or clustering them together to make their own little vignettes so to speak, and I've really enjoyed diving in to my stash to do it.


And then there's this one. It's a redo.
Something was just "off" with the first attempt,
and it bugged me so much I had to go back and "fix" it.
Usually I just let those type of things
slide, but I couldn't let this one go.

As I've been going through my scrap room and "cleaning", I've been running across papers that I still love like these from Cosmo Cricket (1st LO) and October Afternoon (2nd LO). Just because they're "old" and not a recent release doesn't mean I love them any less. And since I couldn't bring myself to give them away or (gasp!) throw them away, I used them. Again.

Hope you're enjoying your weekend! :D

3 comments:

jramsdell said...

Cute pages, love all the details.

danni reid. said...

i absolutely love this lo sweet deanna, she's a DOLL!

Jill Sarginson said...

great layouts ... the top one is sooo sweet! love them!

I only have one child so the picture taking is allll her and trust me, she gets tired of it! haha