Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Oh So Lovely

Although life as been busy this summer, a couple of weeks ago I finally had time to sit down with a little time to myself and just "play". I know I've talked about it before, but I really do enjoy just playing with my materials some times. Not for deadlines or for challenges or anything else, just for me. This time I chose to play with the new Dear Lizzy Neopolitan collection. I'd had these pictures of Caroline from when I took them back in March, and I finally found a collection that seemed perfect for them.

"Oh So Lovely"
 
 
I realize that this layout is pretty simple. I actually used several of the little strips that come along the bottom of the page. But I really wanted to focus on the pictures. They're just so HER. Girly, sassy, playful...and I wanted the paper and embellishments to compliment them, not distract from them.

I did a little hand-cutting, some faux-stitching under the journaling, and lots of layering and tucking. All techniques that I'm still really in to these days.  And best of all, I really enjoyed the process! It reminded me of exactly why I love this hobby!  

Hope you all are having a great Wednesday!



4 comments:

Amélie said...

so pretty! love it!

Unknown said...

wonderful photos - pretty page

Lilith Eeckels said...

Boy this is stunning! And the photos are amazing!

Danielle said...

Yes she is lovely! And your layout as well, love the soft tones.