Sunday, June 7, 2009

Unintentional all-nighter

Yep, I pulled an all-nighter. I didn't intend to, but it just kinda happened.

I got to scrap with some wonderful girls last night, and well, we just kept talking, and scrapping, and talking, and scrapping. The next thing we knew it was almost 1am before we left. THEN I was going to spend-the-night but G and I stayed up and talked s'more! (loved it G! ;) ) The next thing I knew, the VCR was blinking 4:30am CENTRAL time, and I'd intended to wake up at 6 to drive back to home. (Which by the way home is on EASTERN time.) Sooooo, instead of going to sleep for and hour or so, I just got back in the car. I know, I know, probably not the smartest decision, but I made it home so hey, it all worked out.

And how, you might ask, does someone stay awake while making the 3 hr. drive back home? Here's how. Witness this morning's Alabama sunrise.





Probably NOT a great decision to take pictures while driving (alone with no sleep), but there was a gorgeous sunrise (pictures don't do it justice) and my camera was sitting on the seat next to me. So hey, why not entertain myself with some pictures, ya know? But for the record I also headbanged to some ZZ Top (radio at 4am is sooo different!), watched the clouds through the sunroof, played "freeze out" by myself, prayed and did whatever I could to stay awake.

I walked in the door at 8am (EST), took an hour nap, then got ready and went to church with the fam as planned. All in all a successful trip! (One I won't repeat for a loooong long time, and I'm thankful it WAS successful.)

Now I'm going to go for another nap.