Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentines Day everyone!

I hope everyone has a great day and remembers to tell their loved ones exactly how much they care about them! I care about all of you too! I've loved getting to know you, and be more involved in your lives. I'm thankful that we've "met".

I do want to take a second and tell you just how wonderful my hubby is! I woke up this morning to some ruby red tulips (my favorite), a gorgeous quilted journal that had two notes alread inside. One was from Josh and the other from the girls (written by Josh). Then, beside the tulips was a box of Godiva chocolates with a sticky note that said "for my Queen". Godiva is kind of our thing. Josh started it on our honeymoon where he put a piece of chocolate on my pillow every night. Anyway, beside my box of chocolates was a small little heart of chocolates that read, "For my princesses". I can't tell you how much that meant to me for Josh to remember his girls on V-day. I was secretly hoping he'd do something for them, but didn't want to have to TELL him to do it. So it was a nice surprise to see that box next to my own. And, that way I don't have to share! haha! I've got a great man and he's mine for keeps.

Hope you all find as much fun today as I have! Remember, "love is patient, love is kind, it does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices in truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perserves. Love never fails." Humbling isn't it? Just in typing those verses I realize just how imperfect I am, how much I've failed in so many areas. Thankfully, the Lord loves me regardless ("while I was a sinner He died for me" Rms. 5:8 and "(nothing)will be able to separate me from the love of God...Rms. 8 38-39 paraphrased), and luckily I have an amazing husband who loves me despite and inspite my faults too.

Happy Valentines everyone! I hope you find the True Love your heart yearn and were made for!

3 comments:

just lisa said...

That's is so sweet of your hubby - You've got a good one!!

Love your post and that is one of my favaorite verses too.

Happy Valentine's Day!!

Morgan said...

Wow Deanna, that sounds great! So, what did you get him?? Hehe, I hope your day is great ;)

Sarah said...

what a goober.