Thursday, February 28, 2008

Okay, so it's been a while

sorry 'bout that! We've been really busy with a little bit of everything.

This past weekend we went to Alabama to celebrate my grandparents 60th wedding anniversary. They're totally my idols when it comes to unconditional love and marriage. Let me give you a brief synopsis. They eloped on Leap Year 1948. She was just 16, still in high school, and her parents didn't approve. He was in his early twenties, and decided to go across the border into Mississippi to get married. They even made it back for church that night!! She went back and lived with her folks, and he with his, until they were found out. (another intriguing story I'll have to share another time.) No one in their little small town thought that it would last, and she was as proud as could be to run their 60th wedding announcement in the little town newspaper to prove that they did make it. Having come from a divorced family, I admire my grandparent immensely. To me, they're the perfect picture of love. Neither of them are perfect, but they love each other in spite of where they fail each other. Their love speaks volumes to me, and is one that I hope Josh and I will emulate.

Then on a totally different note, when we got home, Josh was confirmed to have the flu. Caroline quickly followed in his footsteps as any Daddy's girl might. So I've been busy washing, cloroxing, disinfecting, and trying to keep the baby away from both of them. I was doing a good job too until Caroline decided that she was thirsty and drank from Sarah Kate's sippy only to put the sippy back in Sarah Kate's mouth! UGH! I gave up at that moment. If she gets it, then she gets it. I just don't want my baby to have the flu when she turns one--which is Saturday.

One year ago. I can't believe that we went through our nightmarish experience one year ago. The whole experience seems like forever ago, but then it seems like only yesterday that Sarah Kate was a teeny tiny baby (she weighed 4 lbs. 6oz.). Hmmmm...sad. Makes me want to have another, except they'd have to put me in a mental institution after keeping up with 3 kids all a year a part from each other! It's hard knowing that your baby's not really a "baby" anymore. Makes me sad.

Okay, on with it. Can't dwell on that for long or I really will want another baby. So, I've been a very bad blogger. I haven't posted ANY layouts that I've done recently. Give you a peek at what I've been up to. These are all layouts (and cards if I can ever get pictures of them) from the Crop Addict March kit.

Thanks for listening to me ramble. I'll try to keep up-to-date a little better.



I had fun making the ribbon flowers on this one. LOVE these pictures of Josh and Caroline taken March 2007. We'd barely been home with Sarah Kate, and HAD to get out of the house, so we went to the park. It was really fun!



Some travel photos. I wish I could've found a better picture of Togo. It's in West Africa, and I couldn't find my Africa pictures anywhere! So this had to do.



Just a fun one of Caroline. The dots are actually brads that I painted so there's a neat 3D textural effect going on.



Another picture from the same day at the park. Originally I'd scrapped these right after SK was born. I was in need of some scrap therapy, but the LOs were terrible. So when I got the Crop Addict kit, I was SO excited that the papers worked perfectly with the primary colors of the playground. It was so fun revisiting those pictures, redoing some awful LOs, and I LOVED those fun patterned papers!

3 comments:

Morgan said...

Ugh, I hate that Caroline was sick too. I must've missed that, I thought she was just a little off. I'm still crossing my fingers that SK stays healthy. Maybe she's been around it enough to have developed some immunity?? Keep me posted, hugs!!

Unknown said...

awe - hope everyone is feeling better! And yay for the 60th anniversary -- awesome and what great role models!

your layouts turned out awesome Morgan!

Angela said...

That is amazing about your grandparents. I bet they have lots of wisdom to share! Hope everyone is feeling better and there wasn't too much to wash and disinfect!!!! Oh and I highly recommend the clorox anywhere spray. I love that stuff!