Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Thankful for you

Well, I am. I'm very thankful for all of you who read my blog. I really am. And I don't tell you enough. But THANK YOU for all your sweet comments you've left along the way. They really mean a lot.

And since it's finally Fall, my favorite time of year, I thought I'd share a Fall-themed Thankful card.



This one works for 2 different challenges that are going on right now. First I used this week's card recipe challenge from the Nook to make a card that also fit the current theme over on the Paper Issues blog. "Tree Hugger" week is finishing up over there, and the woodgrain embossing on this one fits the challenge perfectly. Be sure to link up any wood or upcycled green projects over there. You have until Sept. 30 to post something.

And for a quick update on the home front, I'm actually excited to say that volleyball season is coming to an end! I don't think I've ever said that before, but this year I am. It has Worn. Me. Out! And my family too. Yesterday I literally gave Josh a high-five as he walked in the door and I walked out. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy refereeing (though not as much as coaching) but I've worked my tail off lately. I'm glad that it's finally coming to an end. It'll be a big sigh of relief.

K, I need to hop off so I can go bake my first pumpkin something of the season. I LOVE pumpkin foods. :) Sarah Kate and I are going to bake a cake today. or muffins. I can't decide. :) Too many pumpkin related recipes in my Pinterest account. ;)

Happy Wednesday everyone! Halfway to the weekend!!!

6 comments:

Marinette-Scraptherapie said...

Such a beautiful autumn card!! Love it so much Deanna♥♥
You know what? Fall is my favorite season too;) Nature is so beautiful with fall colors
Bisous

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

What a great little card! I love that woodgrain embossing!!!

Paper Issues said...

Love that woodgrain!!! I am off to check out your Pinterest to find some yummy pumpkin recipes!! =)

~amy~ said...

DARLING card!!!!

curlyqmosaics said...

I absolutely adore your card! The embossed woodgrain works perfectly with your embellishments, sentiment and color scheme. Perfectly cute!

Amber Sheaves said...

Beautiful card! Just found you from...well, this is bad - I've already forgotten where I was! This card was featured. Practical Scrapper maybe? Anyway. I'm now a follower. I love your work.