Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Warning! photo heavy post!

Okay, I usually don't go this long between posts. But then we've been out-of-town, so I guess I'll use that excuse. It was really nice to get away for a few days. We stopped by the farm to see my grandmother who's recovering from a knee replacement surgery.(She also turns 80 tomorrow! Wow!) The girls enjoyed seeing the horse, and picking daffodils. I'm afraid that Caroline picked ALL the daffodils, but we put them in a vase for my grandmother to enjoy.











Then we drove a little more and spent a couple of days with Mom, which meant more merry-go-rounds, trips to the petting zoo, playground. It was quite the trip!

At Oak Mtn. State Park petting zoo:



And of course the carousel at the Galleria:



And no trip to B'ham is complete without a little trip (or 2 or 3 in my case) to Scrap Etc. WHICH they're getting ready for their Event in May, and it's not too late to go! This year it's going to be in Atlanta with lots of fun scrappy projects and some amazing teachers! Check it out here for more details!

Okay, sorry for my little aside. But as I was saying, we've been out-of-town, and I've been trying to get back in to the swing of things since we've gotten back. I've also been preoccupied with getting clothes together for the consignment sale, and picking out which veggies I'm going to attempt to grow.

When get finally got home we met up with some friends and their 2 cutie pies to play on yet another (and different) playground and cook out too!

3 of the 4


The grillers!


And the usual expression

This was just before she fell between the bench and picnic table landing head first on the concrete. She's a trooper but has the battle wounds down her face to prove it!

Sooo, THAT in short and in pictures, has been the last week or so of my life. Lots of family, friends, and many many blessings! Even a couple of scrappy goodies too!

4 comments:

Jenni said...

Fun trip!! Your girls are getting so big, D!!!! SO cute!

AbbieTorroll said...

looks like you all have been having a lot of fun lately!! love all the new pictures!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Looks like a lot of fun!

Lisa said...

Family and friends...what more could you ask for? :) Sounds like you had a blast!