Monday, January 4, 2010

Home. Finally.

It's been our family tradition for at least the last 20 yrs. to spend the week after Christmas at the beach. I remember turning 11 down there, and this year I turned 31. Yikes! But it was such a nice getaway for several reasons. I really needed a break after this year's Christmas. This pregnancy I've been more tired than I remember being before, and I've felt so yucky that I really needed the break. In fact, I only touched the sand once, but I think I napped an avg. of 2 times a day. at least. And that was vacation enough for me! :D

The girls enjoyed the indoor pool of course. And Caroline hit a big milestone, she learned to swim!!! Woohoo!



Of course she could only keep her little face barely out of the water, but she did it well! She ended up swimming about 20 ft. away and then turned around and swam back! We're so proud of her, and excited for this summer!

SK also liked the pool and its innertubes.



She's a silly one!

Overall, a good trip. We also celebrated Noon Year's Eve, and went on a dolphin sightseeing trip. More on those later. Right now I've got to get back to the laundry. And I'm going to try to scrap some too! It's been toooooo long!

1 comment:

Jana Eubank said...

Yay!!! for Caroline!!! I remember feeling so worn out on my 3rd and 4th pregnancies, too. I asked my doctor about it and he was like . . . well, you've had two babies already so that has worn out your body already . . . and you know you ARE older. WHAT THE FLIP?!!! (he said it to me like I was 70 years old!) Noooooo!!!!! LOL!

Looking forward to seeing more pics from your getaway! And I hope you sneak some scrapping in . . . ya know, for MY sake! I've missed seeing a page from you for awhile. ;) HUGS!!!!