Monday, July 25, 2011

A scrap share!

So how 'bout we start off the week with some scrappiness? I know it's been a long time. So how 'bout a share?

Last night I was up late by myself, so I popped in Harry Potter The Deathly Hallows Pt. 1 (in preparation to see Pt. 2) and opened up my stash of Echo Park. Can I tell you how GOOD it felt just to sit and scrap and relax? I completed these first 2 layouts by the time the movie was over.

"Summer Reading at the library"
Products used: Echo Park's "Summer Days" patterned paper; alphabet, border,
and cloud stickers; American Crafts purple pen


I absolutely LOVE the bright bold colors of Echo Park's "Summer Days" line. Not only do they match so well with the girls' summer outfits, but they also make me happy just looking at them. This LO is based off of a the July sketch over at My Scrapbook Nook. I adapted it a little so it was more "me" and also went for journaling that looked like it belongs in a yearbook. A scrapbook album is a yearbook of sorts after all. So I drew lines to each picture and told what I loved about it or why it was special. I like how it turned out and will be doing it more in the future. ;) Since this was a rare flat layout for me, I didn't take any close up shots in case you were wondering.

"Ballet Buddies"


Products used: Echo Park's "Country Drive" patterned paper; paper strips;
journaling spot; floral, label and alphabet stickers,
American Crafts pink pen and 3D foam adhesive,
Wilton doily, Glimmer Mist, and Martha Stewart butterfly punch.


Created with EP's new "Country Drive", I think this might be my new favorite layout. I love these two pics taken at the girls first day of ballet. Sarah Kate was FINALLY old enough to take classes with Caroline, which was a big deal around our house. I tried to reflect that in the journaling, "Sisters, best friends, and now ballet buddies, you two are quite a pair! Ballet has become your favorite way to play, both in studio and at home. It doesn't take much to get you dancing!"

And these last two layouts I did a while back but I thought I'd share them too. I used "For the Record" for both of them.

"The Littlest Coach"


Products used: Echo Park's "For the Record" patterned paper, doily and mini alphabet stickers from the "Merry Christmas" line, and label,
Pebbles Inc. plastic brad, Maya Road stick pins and mini ticket stubs, Martha Stewart butterfly punches, American Crafts Thickers, pen, and 3D foam adhesive, Clearsnap ink, Bella Blvd. flowers, Prima sequins

Older pictures but a sweet story that still needed to be told. It's about SK and Josh and a moment they had at his softball game. She waddled right over to him, grabbed the bill of his visor and got eye to eye with him before going off is some toddle gibberish no one could understand. I thought it was so cute! I glad I was able to capture the moment.

"Donut Day"


Products used: Echo Park's "For the Record" patterned paper, borders, stickers, labels, and journaling spot, Creative Charms brad,
American Crafts Thickers and 3D adhesive foam, Oct. Afternoon sticker letters, Prima large flower

And this last one captures a fun little summer outing we took last month. Krispy Kreme had "free doughnut day", so I loaded up the kids and went to have a treat! The colors of "For the Record" were too perfect and I loved adding little bits and pieces of embellishments and journaling spots to help the layout come together.

Well I guess that's enough of a scrappy share for today. But I've got more. I promise! So check back with me later on this week for more scrappy goodness!

4 comments:

Pam said...

I LOVE all of your layouts soooo so much! You seriously rocked the EP, lady! I adore the Summer Days one, I think I need to pull out the pack again;)

Oh, and what is your Dad's favorite restaurant? I wonder if we have been to it? You guys should totally come down 30-A the next time you are here, it is soooo beautiful and has lots of charm:) We go to the beach in the winter on the warmer days, just to play in the sand, but yeah, the water is too cold;)

kim c said...

wow...all of these are great but my fave is "donut days", its adorable.

Shannon said...

These are BEAUTIFUL! I love all of them Deanna, but I love the summer reading layout!! So bright and colorful!!

Gretchen said...

best.post.ever.
so much goodness on this one! too bad i am about to fall asleep because now i want to scrap!