Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Lots and lots going on!

Wow there's lots going on right now! My goodness we've been busy. We've just gotten back in town from visiting Josh's parents in Atlanta. It was a very nice visit, and a special highlight was that Jon and Christine, Josh's brother and his wife, were there too! It was good to see them again! We also *tried* to go swimming at the fantastic Y while we were there, but apparently now babies not only have to wear swim diapers (which they both were) but also a plastic liner over the diapers and then a swimsuit! After being there about 15 min. we were approached by the lifeguard and asked not to swim if the girls didn't have the plastic liners. Who knew? Certainly not us! That kinda ruined my day, but oh well. I got over it. Now we're getting set to go back to the lake this weekend. We're going for Dad's b'day, and I really need some down time. Hoping to get some!

In scrappy news, there's also a lot going on! I stayed up til 2:30 or so last night working on stuff, and I'm so pleased to say that I finished 5, count'em F-I-V-E, layouts!!! That's definitely a record for me! But I've also learned that while I'm rolling along not to mess with the mojo. So I just kept going on! Love it when that happens!

Here's some of the work I finished up. And I'm SO excited to announce that Color Me Daisy is now up and running!!! Yay! If you get a chance, hop on over there and say hello! So far I've finished 3 layouts for the debut kit, and it's a really fun kit to work with!



Great Grandmothers

I caught the rare moment when both my girls were sitting still AND sitting in their great-grandmothers' laps. Makes my heart smile.

Lil Fish

My little Caroline is quite the little fish, although she'd probably rather I call her a mermaid! LOL!

Friends

My DEAR dear sweet friends. We all got together last week one last time all together, as Tennyson and Zack have now moved to Atlanta. They will be SORELY missed!

On another front, I entered Treasured Scrapbooking's 2008 Treasure Hunt, and I'm proud to say I passed the Eligibility Round! Woohoo! Ya gotta start somewhere, right?! And now we're on to Round 1. This round's requirements were to do a single page LO with one photo, scallops, and felt. Oh, and the journaling had to start with "Today I..." Here's what I cranked out (also in my marathon scrap session last night)!

Right before my eyes


Photobucket
(the buttons are really shiny IRL, not dull like in the top picture.)

I went about this LO in a totally different sequence than my usual routine. I was thinking about the sentence starter while I was doing laundry, and somewhere in the midst of my pondering, I began to think about Sarah Kate and how far she's come. I actually came up with the journaling first, then found a picture, then decided which papers to use. The journaling reads, "Today I watched you grow up before my very eyes. You're no longer the struggling preemie clinging to life in an isolette. You're not the baby cooing and rolling over anymore. And now, as of today, you're not Caroline's crawling shadow either. Today you became a toddler, wadling your way into a new adventure. I don't mean to make more of this milestone than necessary, but then you've come such a long way in such a short time. It's so exciting, but so bittersweet at the same time! 5/29/08" I really like this LO. It's pretty sentimental to me.

Photobucket
Okay, so now if you're still hear reading this mega post, I want to announce that Simply Obsessed is having their 1 yr.old Birthday Crop August 8th-10th. We're totally going to PAR-TAY!!! I'm so excited about what we've got planned! It's gonna rock! AND not only are Jaime and Shauna going to give away amazing prizes, have specials sells on limited edition birthday kits, BUT they're also giving away Party favors BEFORE the crop. Yep, you got that right, you can get free goodies BEFORE the party even begins. All you have to do is go and register with the site (take a look around, cause it's a great place), and then copy/paste the b'day blinkie on your blog with a little blurb about the crop! It's that easy! You don't have to buy anything or DO anything other than sign up, post, and then of course you've gotta go back and tell them you posted or email them at simplyobsessed@yahoo.com (cause they'll need your address to send you your goodies, of course!) So there's no excuse NOT to get some free goodies BEFORE the crop, and then join us on the 8th, 9th, and 10th to be challenged! Can't wait to see you gals there!

Now, if you're STILL hanging with me, I want to celebrate my 100th POST with a little RAK. Leave me a comment and I'll draw a winner Aug. 1st! Thanks for reading this crazy little blog! It's just me, giving you a glimpse into my little life, sharing my passions with ya!

And now, my hands are tired from typing, so I'm outta here! :D

21 comments:

Creating Memories said...

Love the new layouts, esp. the Sarah Kate walking one. =)

Lisa said...

i'm a huge sucker for sentimental pages - i love the one of Sarah Kate walking and the great grandmothers - wow!!

Beth said...

Lovin' your new LOs-the top kit is really cute! Def. checking out their site!

Melanie H said...

That layout about Sarah Kate is just precious. It is wonderful when they make those milestones.

Beautiful layouts sweetie, they are all gorgeous.

Brandy said...

yay 100!!! can't wait for the crop...

Unknown said...

wow Deanna you have been busy! And woohoo for the new DT! That is awesome - looks like a yummy kit!!!

aimee said...

hi deanna, found you through color me daisy. love your blog. it is so cute! and your los are great!

Unknown said...

I am lovin' the latest layouts!! I am so popping over and checking out the new site!

Lelia said...

Wow! You have been busy! Love the new layouts. And thanks for the link to Color Me Daisy. I didn't realize it was up and going.

Kristii said...

Fantastic work girl!! 5 layouts! Wow,I am impressed. You totally rocked the Color Me Daisy kit!!

Jenni said...

Fabulous LO's girl...that new kit of yours is super cute!!! COngrats on 100 posts too!

Jen said...

Again, Congrats on the new DT position! Love the layouts. Hope to join in on the Birthday Crop celebration!!

Jana said...

Love the layouts!! You totally rocked that kit!

Brandi said...

Love your pages! Good luck on the contest!

Shannon said...

Those are great layouts!! Such precious moments!

Valerie Chmielak said...

WOW!!! CONGRATS!!! Great LO's, awesome blog!!

Anonymous said...

beautiful layouts!!!

Morgan said...

The layouts are so awesome, SK is getting so, so big! Keep up the incredible work girlie!

Virginia said...

LOVE the layouts, especially the "Right Before mY very eyes" one. Must lift that title. So sweet.

I gave you a prize today on my blog. I think you've won it once already, but I think you deserve it again. :)

Tami said...

WOOW!! You certainly had the mojo going!! Love all those pages, Deanna, and that new kit club looks awesome! Congrats on the new DT gig!!

Lucy Edson said...

Love your LOs with the kit! Beautiful work! :)