Friday, May 1, 2009

Happy May Day!

I've never figured out why May 1st is called May Day, but the name totally reminds me of my elem. school days when we'd have our recreation day "May Day Play Day". Oooh! That day was the BEST!!! Class v. class kickball, the huge obstacle course, gettin all hot and sweaty then cooling off with popsicles, and of course finding out if our team won or not! Man! Those were the good ol' days!(sorry that's kinda random)

Getting back on track...on this May Day I have lots and lots to share with you! There are tons of activities going on in the month of May. First off is the announcement of May Mayhem at Serendipity Scrapbooks. Here's what Kristen has to say about it:

"Serendipity Scrapbooks is pleased to announce our first ever month long CROP!
Are you ready for a Hair Raising Event? I know we are. And we have so much in store for you for the month of May. Every Design Team member has 50 points to give away during the month and even some RAKs for you. There will be challenges, loads of games, Deals of the DAY, secret hiding places in the store, and best of all Blue Light Specials available to each and every one of you.

This will be a non stop event starting May 1 - May 31st! So join us every day because you never know when points will be handed out to add to your total which will put you one step closer to being our May Mayhem Queen! Please visit our forum for more information and guidelines to the contest."



***************************

The second thing(s) I want to share are my May kit reveals from Serendipity. I had the "Just Enough Please" kit which was packed full of My Minds Eye and Bella Blvd.
(the picture of the kit's not up yet, but here's what I did with it.)

"Suitin' up for Summer"




Caroline proudly modeling her new life jacket that she specifically requested. It HAD to be pink AND princess. I'm sure you'll be seeing more of it in pictures from lake we'll take this summer. ;)

"Just Read"

Also Caroline, but this one's when she was a wee baby. I *think* she was about 18mo. in these picture. Sure wish I'd at least written a date on the back. Anyway, she was reading her favorite book at the time.

Egg Hunt with Granna




We were all so happy that Granna could come up and stay with us for Easter which of course meant the egg hunt too!

Sweet baby Chick

The baby of the family, and just a play on that fun Hambly chickie transparency and stickers. This photo was taken at the end of last summer. I really don't remember her being this small!

And last but not least is Gracie's b'day present.
Remember I'm the "late" aunt, so I'm just now getting around to making this for her. Next on the list is Emma's altered item. She turned 9 (? yikes!) on Monday.

Gracie's mailbox:


right side


left side


Stay tuned because I have more to share, more LOs are coming(coughcoughColorMeDaisycough), and SEVERAL more announcements including one about a RAK-a-day in the month of May!!! But I thought I'd give you a rest for today. Be back tomorrow with lots, LOTS more! ;)

5 comments:

just lisa said...

such pretty girly layouts and i love your mailbox!!! Too cute!

Shirley said...

Fabulous work girl and that mailbox is so cute!

AbbieTorroll said...

wow you've been busy!! LOVE everything of course:) but I really like the mailbox!! so cute!!

Sarah said...

Ooh, I'm glad I got a sneak peek of the present! Now get that thing in the mail, girl! Or, better yet, pack it up and come on down! The shrimp are calling....

Gina said...

Great LOs, and I LOVE that mail box! Great job.