Friday, May 21, 2010

Evening at the park plus some

The last 2 nights we've spent about an hour at the park/playground. Last night we took C's bike and SK's scooter, and tried to walk around the track. We MAYBE made one lap around it thanks to the creek being a huge diversion. But the lighting was good, so I decided to try to snap some pics of the girls. They weren't for it as much as I was. (PS--these are straight-out-of-the-camera. I plan on cropping and editing when I get a chance.)

Tonight we went again, and lucky us, there was a bluegrass band playing out on the wrap-around porch of the antebellum house that sits in the middle of the property. It was so nice to sit on a park bench, tap my feet to the music, and watch the girls play on the playground. Doesn't get much better than that! :D


In other fun stuff, I've been playing with some Girls Paperie papers and this is one of my favorites so far. I used a sketch from Studio Calico by Maggie Holmes (another one of my scrap crushes) and I'm really happy with the way it turned out!

I love that these papers are vintage-y, and can be used for boys OR girls. Of course I had to order more so that I could make a banner to go over Mac's crib. Which, by the way, I'm officially 30 wks. today! Yay! So just 8-9 wks. left. I'm totally not ready yet! eeek!

Okay, well enjoy what's left of your weekend!


Lyn said...

Love what you did with the Studio Calico sketch! That layout is fab!
Congrats again on the new baby!

Aphra said...

Deanna, your park pics are fabulous. I really love the first one...the reflection in the water is beautiful. LOVE your layout! Great sketch, hun? I think I need some of those Girls' Paperie papers, too. Hope those 8-9 weeks go by quickly for ya. :)

Gretchen said...

love the layout! and i love the picture with the reflection!

Kathy Martin said...

Fantastic page and photos! :)