Friday, August 22, 2008

Enter cliches here

that's how the cookie crumbles, gotta roll with the punches, when life gives you lemons you've gotta make lemonade.....yeah, any of those will do. Yesterday wasn't such a great volleyball day. And though I try my hardest not to let it (the sport) dictate my mood, it's still hard to do sometimes. I guess it's needless to say that we lost. That's usually not too big of a deal to me, especially for the first game of the season, but this time I saw where not having a net for the last week really hurt us. Yeah, you read that right. We were a volleyall team practicing without a net for the entire week leading up to our first match. Not fun. Definitely not easy. And I feel like our match would've gone in a completely different direction if we'd had a net....so today we move on. Our net is up, and we have to move passed the disappointment of that first one, and just move on. But I'm so stinkin' competitive that it was still a hard pill to swallow. (sorry. had to end on a cliche too!)

5 comments:

Nicole said...

GL with the rest of your season!!

the Stork Nest said...

Where are the newest pictures of your "newly painted" carpet and daughter? hahahahha
love ya, girl!

Melanie H said...

Sorry the first game didn't go too well but I can bet you will woop their butts this season.

Jen said...

Sorry to hear about your first game. Glad that your net is up and ready for you to practice..."you can do it." Have a terrific season!

Lyn said...

i coached hockey for 6 years and know how frustrating a L can be... hang in there... the girls will realize that you are there for them through the good times and bad, no matter if budgets or other reasons keep you from having a net! :)