Monday, January 24, 2011

Getting back in the groove

Life's been crazy lately, I've been playing the single-mom role for about 2 weeks now. Thank goodness it's over, and Josh isn't traveling any more. But all that time to "myself" really sucked all creativity out of me. I found that at the end of the day when I usually do my scrapping, I was so tired (emotionally and physically) that I just couldn't bring myself to pull out the paper.

BUT, good news, this weekend The Nook held an online crop, and I'm FINALLY starting to get my groove back! Whew! I was a little worried it wouldn't. I was able to complete 4 of the many challenges, and so I thought I'd share them with you. I'm "catching up" with my Fall and Winter pictures, so today I'm sharing 2 Fall LOs. Tomorrow I'll post my 2 Christmas ones. (With still many more photos to go. Thank goodness I'm not one of those who feels like they have to be caught up!)

"Thankful Hearts"


First up is "Thankful Hearts", my favorite layout of the weekend. This one just kinda created itself. I played with the stuff that was lying on my table, and ended up with an embellishment combination that's really random and really fun (at least I think so). There's some OLD Fancy Pants, a never used wooden Karen Foster sign, and more yummies. I did this for Hilde's "Wood" challenge.

"So Very C"


And this one is for Stacey's "Monogram" challenge. I just love love love these photos of Caroline. They're SO her, which is what the journaling states. She's so in the moment, and so full of joy, I'm really happy I was able to capture these pics. I may just scrap them again I love them so much. Hee! Here I used a lot of October Afternoon, Elle's Studio labels, a mix/mash of Maya Road and Recollections flowers, and some fun doodling and faux stitching. ;)

And that's all for today. I'll be back tomorrow with 2 more LOs from the crop.

Hope you've had a great Monday!

4 comments:

Michelle Whitlow said...

Just adorable :)

Liou Duvinini said...

Interesante...

thearthurz said...

Love the thankful hearts layout! Love every single thing about it!! Great job!

Seattle Homes For Sale said...

Oh!
So cute.
I love the design.

Seattle Real Estate