First of all, some fun news I haven't shared yet is that I'm one of a good handful of ladies who have made the final round for the DT call over at My Scrapbook Nook! I'm super excited and crossing my fingers BIG time! But the talent there is SO amazing, I'll definitely be chewing my nails til the list comes out!
And because of that super talented message board, I've been really inspired to create lately. So last night I sat down to do something about that. There were just too many ideas swimming in my head. The funny thing is that I sat down to do one layout, I ended up going the completely opposite direction, and this one came together practically on its own instead. I love it when that happens! :D And now it's one of my favorites!
There's so many little oddities about this layout, it's kinda funny how it all came together. Like I said, I had a completely different layout, pictures, and style in mind when I sat down to scrap. BUT, here it is, and some of the things that make it seems "funny" to me.
1. I rarely ever use Basic Grey, I mean ever. I usually don't like stuff to be distressed for me. But I'm in LOVE with the "Curio" line. In fact, I'm thinking about framing some to decorate the house with! hee! (And for a quick side note, I really like what they're presenting at CHA this weekend too. I may be warming up to BG all over again.)
2. When I do a vintage/shabby layout I always feel the need to use a black and white photo. But for some reason I love the colored shots with this one even though the green rain boots totally don't match. That's something that would usually bug me, but for some reason it doesn't this time.
3. I also have been HOARDING (seriously hoarding) those American Crafts vintage rose brads. I bought a second set just because I love them so much, but they were back-ordered so I never got them. So I REALLY hoard those brads. But last night I felt compelled to use almost each and every one. I had to scale myself back to using only two.
4. I've also been hoarding my Jenni Bowlin vellum butterflies, but it seemed like a crime not to use one on this page. (Another side note, Why do I hoard stuff? I always like it better, and it looks so much prettier, when I actually USE it! lol!)
5. I just ADORE brown glitter. I think it's the prettiest thing ever! Thank goodness for Martha Stewart and her super fine glitter. I'm in L-O-V-E love!
And since I haven't officially introduced her yet, that baby doll is Kayla. She's the newest addition to our family. And apparently you'll be seeing a lot of her since Caroline can't/won't go anywhere without her. :)
That's all for now! I'm still creating, so hopefully I'll be back soon with some more goodies to share!
Hope you're having a fabulous weekend!