I saw another blog doing this, and I thought it'd be a fun idea to add my own version.
1. Top 3 Holiday movies:
Well there's really only one for me and it's an all-time favorite, perfectly acceptable for quoting at any time of the year!:
I giggle just looking at this picture...we may have to watch this tonight! :D
2. Holiday cookie: Peanut Butter balls (isn't really a cookie, but figured it'd do.)
½ cup and 2 tbsp. butter
2 cup chunky peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla
3 cup powdered sugar
3 cup Rice Krispies
18 oz. Chocolate chips
¼ bar paraffin
Melt butter and peanut butter together. Mix in sugar and vanilla. Stir in Rice Krispies, using your hands, and form the mixture into balls. Melt the chocolate and paraffin in a double boiler. Dip the balls in the chocolate-paraffin mixture. Place them on a cookie sheet, which has been covered with waxed paper. Pop into freezer for 5 minutes to set. Note: If mixture is too dry, add a little water, 1 teaspoon at a time. If mixture is too wet, put in refrigerator before forming into balls.
3. Holiday music:
I love our Cracker Barrel bluegrass Christmas CD and also this one by Jewel.
I was really surprised at how tradition the Jewel CD was, but then it's got some fun songs too like her rendition of "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer". It's the first song that's playing on my playlist to the right. ;) And while I love both of these CDs, neither has my favorite song, which is "O, Holy Night".
4. Least favorite thing about the holidays: traveling---we travel toooooo much, and have vowed that next year we're staying HOME!
5. 5 items on my list: Well I already gotten what was on my Christmas wish list! Josh bought me a Nikon D60, and I've been LOVING it! Even if I'm just in the beginning stages of figuring it out!
Always on my list is more scrappy stuff. Can a girl ever have too much?! and scrappy mag subscriptions. But those are a given, right?!
6. Childhood memory: I always LOVED, loved, loved going from our Christmas Eve family gathering out on the farm back into "town" to our church's Christmas Eve service. Dad would always have Christmas music playing on the radio and the night always seemed brighter, clearer. I loved looking at all the lights as we drove back. Then the Christmas Eve service would always end with an ensembled choir gathered in the back foyer of the church where they sang (and still do) "Still, Still, Still" acapella. THAT was my favorite! It still is. It's so serene and beautiful, and I loved ending Christmas Eve with their gorgeous voices.
We got to do this again last year for the first time since we'd been married. And I cherished that time, especially being back at the church I'd grown up in, and seeing so many wonderful faces of people who'd all influenced my life in one form or fashion. It was a wonderful evening and a sweet memory I'll cherish for a long time.
7. Holiday project: You've already seen it, but it's still my favorite...
We're really enjoying it too!
8. Christmas card photo: it's just the girls...
9. Naughty or nice.......Nice of course! :D :D :D