Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Holiday projects

Well, it's time to reveal what I've been working on for the past days and weeks. I've been playing with the December Color Me Daisy kit, and I must say, it's fabulous! It's so jammed packed with sparkly embellishments and festive papers, and I've LOOOOVED working with it. Here are just 2 of the projects I've completed so far. I have plans to get a few more done before the week's out.

The first project is a cookie sheet advent calendar I've been dying to make for a year or so now! The kit came with so many chipboard pieces that I knew right away that I was going to make one.





Each piece is either chipboard covered in Pixie Stix Pink Paislee glitter, or a My Mind's Eye "Be Merry" die-cut covered in Making Memories glitter glaze. I backed the die-cuts with my own spare chipboard to make them sturdy enough to hold magnets. Also not in the kit is the 2 yds. of wired ribbon I bought at Ms to top it off.

The 2nd project is one that I did last year as a gift, and I loved it so much, I made another one. Thanks for the inspiration Brandi! ;) This time I attached the #s with self-adhesive velcro. I think that might make it easier for the kids to swap out as opposed the the giant binder clip I used last year.





Both projects are going to also be my entries for yesterday's December Daily since I spent the entire afternoon and evening finishing them up!

Off to photograph my December Daily and post it for ya! It's only a couple of days late, right?! hehe!

10 comments:

Lisa said...

super cute stuff girly!!

Ronda Simpson said...

OMGosh Deanna!! TOtally cute and festive stuff! I'm totally lifting!! :)

Diana said...

I love that cookie sheet calendar! I want to know how you made it! It's beautiful. Great work girlie :D

Virginia said...

Oh my LANDS those are the cutest ever! I love that you did everything glittery on the cookie sheet countdown. SO fun.

I haven't done my December Daily yet either- I'm planning on starting it today! GULP!

Jennifer said...

Oh my gosh! Both of those projects are amazing!!

Kristii said...

I love, love your projects!! They are so cute!! I may have to lift the advent calendar!! Such a cute idea!! I love your work girl!

AbbieTorroll said...

OMGosh I love BOTH of those! D they are FABULOUS! That cookie sheet is ADORABLE! Thanks for sharing! Hope you and your fam are doing well!

TracyP said...

Deanna that Calendar ROCKS!!! Omg I just Love it:)
You Rock:)
xxx

Unknown said...

so cute!!

Brandi said...

These are so cute!