Sunday, March 15, 2009

See? I told you.

I wasn't kidding when I said I missed my camera. The sun finally came out this afternoon, and we took full advantage of it! The girls picked weeds and played in the puddles with rocks and snails. (yuck!) Here's a few that I really love. I'm sparing you the majority that I took. I was basically just playing with my aperture and shutter speed, trying to learn what I'm doing with this new camera. I'd love some constructive criticism if you'd like to give some. I'm all about learning and critiquing in order to get better.

Picking "flowers" aka weeds


Washing snails (yuck!) but I liked the reflection in the puddle.




real flowers


Some Bradford Pear blooms in my front yard.


Some things "clicked" in my brain the other day as I was reading Pioneer Woman's blog and photography tips. She has a 4-part rundown in layman's terms about the basics of photography. Not only did I really enjoy reading it because of her humility and sarcasm, but I finally feel like I got it. Now I know I'm by no means there yet, but it was nice to play with some settings today while enjoying the sunshine.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Great job with the photos. I'm anxiously awaiting Karen Russell's photography class. I'm registered for the one starting in June. I will have to check out the site you mentioned. 2009 is all about improving my skills. BTW, love the photo with the reflection also!!!

Creating Memories said...

I love the reflections in the puddle! You got some great depth of field shots with the last 2.

Jen D. said...

Great pictures!
Cool reflections in the puddles.
I think sometimes you just have to play around with the camera...I'm slowly doing this. Got a lot more to learn.

Anonymous said...

I love bradford pears :) And, at least you get flowers from your little one...I got handfuls of dirt! lol.

Stacey said...

Really good photos - I especially like the one where your daughter is showing you the flower. Looks like a great spring day!

Gina said...

awww...sweet photos!!