Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy National Scrapbook Day!!!

Hi there friends! I hope you're all having a wonderful National Scrapbook Day!

Today I wanted to share with you a layout I did for the awhile back for the Cricut Circle. The Cricut Circle is a Membership Program for people passionate about their Cricut Machines. If you would like to find out more you can visit the Circle Information page HERE on the Cricut.com website.

Even though we've recently finished up our Spring session of ballet, I'm still scrapping the pics from soccer that I took in the Fall. Maybe by the time soccer rolls around, I'll be up to scrapping ballet pics! lol! :) Anyway, since I have so many soccer shots of both the girls, I decided to create a layout with a lot of Caroline's all on one page. Otherwise I'd be doing soccer layouts forever! hehehe!



I really like the look of a filmstrip-esque row of thumbnail pictures. I love that they're small and easy to work with, but still document the experience. They also accent the focal photo nicely. (She's the one in the center with the boyish haircut dribbling the ball. ;) ) And to give the layout a little bit of a feminine touch, I added a bow.

I hope you're enjoying your National Scrapbook Day! I hope to get to it here pretty soon.

PS--switching back to my smaller blog divider. That other one was just too big and it was annoying me. ;)

3 comments:

Gretchen said...

oooh fun!! love the ball and the big title!

Hilde Aaslund aka Scoobie said...

Love the color combo you have picked for this layout and how you gave it a feminin twist with the bow!

I hear you on beeing behind with the soccer photos: Both my boys golf, DS11 picked up soccer again after a year long break, and DS8 has started taking sailing classes - and I have a zillion photos: from tournaments, classes etc... I seriously consider not scrapping a single page about their passions, but do minis when the seasons are over. But then again I will be busy with "First Snow" layouts etc etc. It's a never ending story :-)

Anonymous said...

I really like this boy page, so much detail!

Sarah x