Sunday, May 15, 2011

Who knew?

For years now (and I mean years) I've always claimed that I wasn't a cardmaker. I never really liked making them, so the ones that I was forced to make for DT assignments and such were just that. Forced. So who knew that over the course of one weekend I'd make not one, not two OR three, but FOUR cards that I actually like? Who knew? Certainly not me! But I have the virtual crop over at My Scrapbook Nook to thank for it.

Four. and I actually LIKE them. :)

Focus on buttons challenge: "Hello Sunshine"
products used: Provo Craft cardstock, Simple Stories die cut, SRM sticker sentiment, and some random buttons. I know that a lot of them are Basic Grey. (Yellow pp mfr. unknown, received as a RAK in the mail)

Use 4 different stamps challenge,
"A Merry Little Christmas"
products used: Cosmo Cricket patterned paper, American Crafts Dear Lizzy stamps and foam adhesive, Clearsnap (red and green) and SEI ink (gray)

And I now have an even GREATER respect for stampers! Whew! That one was h-a-r-d for me. I repeated the background stamp, stamped and cut 2 holly leaves, and the sentiment. That card may be the most painstaking card I've ever made. So if you find it in your mailbox come Christmas time, DO NOT throw it away! hehehe! :) Better yet, I may just keep it myself. ;)

Create a shaped card: "For You"
Products used: Bazzill cardstock, Pebbles Inc. patterned paper (that looks yellow but is actually green like the sprinkles), Stickles, Pink Paislee twine, Martha Stewart tag punch, Cricut Expression and Birthday Bash cartridge

And if the last challenge was hard, then this one made up for it by being easy. My Cricut just whipped that card right out, and I just embellished it. Easy peasy. I love my Cricut! :)

Back to Nature challenge: use materials
that could be found in nature
along with a neutral color palette.
Products used: American Crafts cardstock, Crate Paper sticker, Wilton doily, sandpaper, and raffia

Ahem. For a certain couple that got married last month that still hasn't received a card (or gift) from us. Hanging my head in shame.....

And now I know that I CAN in fact make a card (or cards) that I like! Thanks for the challenges and inspiration Nook DT girls!!!


4 comments:

mustangkayla said...

What great cards! I especially LOVE LOVE LOVE the sun on the first one!

jramsdell said...

Your cards turned out nice, great job.

Gretchen said...

good lookin' cards D!!

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Cute cards!! Love the ice cream shape card!

Kimberly
My Craft Spot