Monday, May 2, 2011

Speechless...

I apologize for the lack of posting, here or anywhere else online. I'm just speechless. I'm trying to process all that has happened. Sharing any kind of layout or project or whatever just feels wrong somehow. Yet I can't get enough of the stories, the pictures, the acts of heroism, the NEED that is SO GREAT. Wanting to help, and feeling helpless all at the same time. The damage and destruction is just so widespread. It's here, it's strewn all across my "home", and I think it's just now hitting me. So I apologize for not posting...it seems so heartless or frivolous or...I don't know. I just don't have the words...

I DO know this.

My cousin (albeit through marriage) and good friend Gretchen is selling cards on her blog that she's made over the years. ALL of the money she raises will go towards helping the victims of the Alabama tornadoes. You can find them here.

I really like this idea, putting our hobby to a good cause. I may go through my card collection as well and try selling some here to go toward the relief efforts. I'll keep you posted on that.


OH--and PLEASE don't read this and think I've lost hope. I confidently know Who holds the world, Who holds me. It is He who created it. He, who loves me and comforts me in the midst of chaos and devastation. But that doesn't mean I (we) don't grieve or experience shock.

I'll finish with this. It's of Tuscaloosa, AL the home of the University of Alabama. And while Tuscaloosa is getting a lot of media attention, please know that there are literally hundreds of cities and towns across the states of Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia and Tennessee that look JUST LIKE THIS.



Photobucket

3 comments:

Virginia said...

I love you, sweet friend. That's all I can really say right now. And I agree.

We weep together.

beckyjune said...

Deanna, I am so sorry...my heart goes out to them. The devastation is just horrendous. I can't even imagine how they must feel right now.

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

I cannot even imagine what this must be like. My heart goes out to all who have been affected.