Monday, April 11, 2011

My Core’dinations Creative Frenzy

I've been working with some super fun Core'dinations paper lately and I thought I'd share. The first two projects I want to share are ones I've created using the NEW Teresa Collins Core'dinations paper and I really love their texture! The 12x12 pages are a combination of a basket weave in the center and Teresa's signature flourishes or flowers are around the edges. Sooo pretty. To the point that I was very careful with how I cut my sheets so that I could make the go further.

First up is this birthday card.

Products used: Teresa Collins Core'dinations cardstock, "Musical Swirls" Cuttlebug
embossing folder, Fiskars scalloped edge scissors,
vintage eyelet lace, SRM sticker sentiment, Helmar 3D black ZapDots
,
Glimmer Mist, and a paper doily


To make this card I embossed the paper, sanding the swirls. Then I mounted it on the same light pink cardstock, but sanded around the edges of what would be the center rectangle so as to give it a shadowed effect. And then I just *had* to cut out the bird and sand its little self too. I love that it included detail!

"Celebrate Freedom"


Products used: Teresa Collins Core'dinations cardstock, Cricut Expression,
"Birthday Cakes" cartridge
, "Stars" Cuttlebug embossing folder,
Teresa Collins star bling, Helmar 3D ZapDots adhesive, SRM sticker sentiments,
and bakers twine


I know, I know, it's April and not July. But what started out as a baby boy "Congratulations" card quickly turned in to a 4th of July card when I re-found that Teresa Collins glittered star. It was just too pretty not to use. So instead of using navy blue to complete the monochromatic card I had in mind, I switched to read instead. The SRM celebration stickers sealed the deal! ;) I also used my Expression to cut the star border, and then popped it up with

"Pink Ambition"


Products used: Core'dinations tan Jenni Bowlin cardstock,
My Mind's Eye patterned paper, sticker letters, die-cuts,
Jenni Bowlin vintage buttons, American Crafts thickers,
Glimmer Mist, and jute


And then there's "Pink Ambition" a silly layout about Sarah Kate's love of pink. Instead of Madonna's Blonde Ambition I spun the title to be Pink Ambition. Aren't I clever? (Ha! I was struggling for titles for this one! :) ) Here I hand-cut, sanded and inked the ruled line Jenni Bowlin Core'dinations. I love how the ink makes it pop yet gives it a distressed look too. It made for a great "landing spot" to ground the rest of the layout.

And there you have it. Some Core'dinations fun. I really loved that I could sand, emboss, ink, and cut it with my Expression. SO many ways to use it! Plus it's fun getting technique-y with it and getting dirty too!


4 comments:

Lydia said...

Beautiful projects, That bird card is stunning, good luck!!

Andrea Amu said...

Gorgeous submission, Deanna!
I love that first card to pieces!
Best of luck to you :)

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

wow Deanna these are sooo gorgeous! LOVE how you used the SRM Stickers :)

Gretchen said...

hmmm how did i miss this post before?? excellent projects as always!!