Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Exploring new locales

I'm taking a quick break from all the scrappy sharing to share some family pictures. Well, not really FAMILY pictures because not all of us are in them. But there still ones of our family. nevermind....I'm not making sense.

Since we weren't allow to go back to the Y last Tues. because the Y workers mistook spit up for actual throw up, McClain, Sarah Kate and I decided we'd hang around downtown to see what new photo shoot locales were to be found.

First we started out at Rembrandts because everyone needs hot chocolate and a slice of zucchini bread before they strike off in search of that perfect photo location.

She thought she was big stuff getting to drink out of a coffee cup! lol! I've really enjoyed spending time with her lately. Since she's the quieter of the two girls, it's nice to sit and talk just the two of us. Well, I guess technically there were three of us, but he doesn't count yet since all he can add to the conversation is "sna, sna" when he wants more snack.

When we finished our hot chocolate,
we struck off to explore and see what we could find.

While she may be good at talking, SK's NOT so good at smiling for the camera. She'd rather do more exploring! lol! So I got mostly fake smiles from her. But then, what else is new?

Finally we ended up close to our church (because I had a meeting there later in the morning) and I quickly snapped this one, which happens to be my favorite of the day.

And finally a non-fake smile. She really does love her brother so there was nothing to fake.





9 comments:

Aphra Bolyer said...

Awww . . . such sweet pics. I love that last one, too. The stairs are such a great backdrop. :)

Pam said...

These are so sweet Deanna!!! I love the last one so much...it's a framer;) Those 2 really favor each other.

p.s. Aislynn totally thinks she is hot stuff drinking out of a coffee cup;)

Jason and Gretchen said...

Absolutely love that last one!

Steph Lee (Arty Carty) said...

Just came from the Nook to say hello!! checking out your blog and your kids are too adorable!! I love kit kat too so stay away from mine .. 8) good luck with the DT call.

Nicole Nowosad said...

Super cute photos !

Annelie Maddock said...

Lovely photos! And SUCH inspiration to find on your blog! Thank you!

Els said...

Hi Deanna! I just come hoppin' in from the Nook's forum! Love your blog! You make very beautiful things!
Ans such sweet pictures of your children! Will be back to chech your work out again later!
Els.

Megan Aaron said...

great photos! I know how you feel about the fake smiles. My daughter loves getting her picture taken, but she cheeses ridiculously every time!

Sherri said...

These are such great photos Deanna. I love the last one, it's so sweet. Sorry about the Y, but yay for new adventures :)