Friday, August 26, 2011

My favorite layout

My favorite layout of last weekend's Nook crop was the one I made for Stacey's challenge which was to be inspired by Elizabethan (think Shakespearean) fashion. Items like corsets, layers of ruffles, high neck shirts, etc. Being totally inspired by that challenge, I ended up doing my own kind of fashion layout but one about the everyday fashion as seen in our household. Dress up fashion. This one uses a picture of Caroline and Sarah Kate that I took last February. They were dripping literally of ruffles, feather boas, beaded necklaces, and fancy crowns. The pic couldn't have been more perfect for the challenge.

Everyday Life


Supplies used: Girls Paperie pp, die-cuts, sticker borders, sticker words; Martha Steward butterfly punch, Pebbles Inc. glittered candy dots, Kaisercraft pearls, Clearsnap ink, vintage lace, "broach" and plastic flowers from my craft supply

Now that we have one going to school, I kinda miss the klip-klop sound of plastic heels running through the house. SK still dresses up, but she's good at playing quietly in her room. There isn't anyone to chase her. I'm so glad that I caught this moment in time in picture form, because it not only brings back (mostly) fond memories, but I hear their laughter and playful chasing in my head all over again. And isn't that exactly what scrapbooking is supposed to do? THAT's why this is my favorite layout from the crop. The sounds and memories it brings back. ;)

Hope you all are having a great Friday and have a happy weekend too!

Oh and in case you're wondering, volleyball went well. I missed a call or two and at my pre-game coaches/captains meeting you could TELL that I was nervous. But I'm glad I'm doing it. It's fun in it's own special sort of way!

Happy weekend!



4 comments:

Sherri said...

Loved this layout too, definitely one of my faves of yours.

Gretchen said...

gorgeous layout!!

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

I so loved this layout! Congrats!

Ana said...

Soo good!! U're really talented :D
Beijinho*