Friday, August 19, 2011

Mama's Boy

So it's about time I shared some scrap happenings, so here's a little preview of what I'll be up to this weekend.

It's the Scrapbook Nook's Midsummer Night Virtual Crop, where all the challenges are based on Shakespeare. Sounds fun, huh? I've already completed 2 challenges! Woohoo! Of course it's not too late to join in. You can find it here and be sure to tell them I sent ya. (Not that I'm competitive or anything. Ha! ;) )

Here's the layout I made today based on the early warm-up challenge. This was a challenge to find inspiration in the Nook gallery and use it to inspire a work of my own.

Supplies used: American Crafts kraft cs, pen, and Thickers; Girls Paperie pp, brad, and ruffled circle; Maya Road wooden buttons, MME label stickers; BG blue button; Oct. Afternoon red sticker letters, Tattered Angles mist

The journaling reads, "Oh baby boy, you've stolen my heart! Your big bright smile, wet slobbery kisses, and sparkling blue eyes have done me in."

So that was my first challenge, and then I also participated in a card challenge. I'm starting to like making cards more and more. I like that they're quick and easy (usually) and I can use up my scraps and pieces of my stash I've had laying around for a while.

Challenge # 3 (the second one I've completed) is called "What's in a Name". The challenge is to create a card incorporating what we conventionally think of as "feminine" with what we conventionally thing of as "masculine". It's is sort of a flip flop type of challenge.

Supplies used: Bazzill cs, Jenni Bowlin journaling label, American Crafts pinwheel, Pebbles chipboard owl and pp, Oct. Afternoon red sticker letters, Pink Paislee brown sticker letters, May Arts ribbon, Glue Arts adhesive

I chose to make a Back-to-School card because that's this week's challenge on Northridge Media's Create blog, ON WHICH, by the way, I had a Happy Birthday card featured this week! Yea me! (See it here) So I plan on submitting this card in hopes that I can go 2 for 2.

Well, that's all I've got for now. Hope you all have a great weekend!



5 comments:

Carol said...

looooove your layout!!!! and how do you start liking card making.....I haven't figured that one out yet. It hurts my brain ;)

Sherri said...

Love the banner and the 3 little buttons all in a row on the layout, but it's still the photo of your sweet little man that makes it :) Cute card too!

Andrea Amu said...

Seriously cute page and card!
Your lil' guy is adorable... love the banner on that page :)

I need to remember those card challenges on the Create Blog. Always forget about them till Thursday rolls around, lol! I'm sure I'll be seeing you card there! ;)

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

love your layout and card, Deanna!!

Julia Sandvoss said...

Looks great and thank you for chosing GlueArts adhesives! We would love it if you would share your project on our GlueArts Facebook page!

Thanks!