Friday, August 12, 2011

If truth be told

I've been dabbling in my other hobby a little more than my scrapbooking right now. As I mentioned in my previous post, this past weekend I met up with some old friends to do the 5K benefiting the Amelia Center. Well Mr. Elliott was there, Amelia's dad, and after talking (while walking) about some photography stuff he invited me back to their house. (which may be enough for a whole 'nother post--going back and setting foot in there after almost 15 yrs.)

But you see, Mr. Elliott is a professional photographer. Though he wasn't while Amelia and I were growing up, now that he's retired it's become his new "job". Their house is like a photography gallery now and I literally spent a couple of hours walking through it ooohing and ahhhing. Not only did we talk "shop" while I was there, he also encouraged me to get out there and just shoot. In fact, he left me with a challenge to shoot 25 landscape shots that weekend and email them back to him.

And that's all it took. A simple challenge to take more landscape pictures, and I was/am hooked. So I've spent the last couple of days filing through my old landscapes, editing, cropping, and naming them (something he told me to do). Some date back as far as 2007 when I got my first digital camera. Some are way too grainy and noisy because I'd just gotten my DSLR and there was a big learning curve. But honestly? I'm sorta kinda proud of how my slideshow has turned out. So I thought I'd share it here.

It's diverse--beach scenes, botanicals, animals, even a sporting event shot (Go Rebs!) and I know I've got work to do. But like I said, I'm happy with the way it's turned out so far. Take a look and let me know what you think. :)



And thank you Mr. Elliott for not only investing in me this past weekend, but being my 2nd Dad from the very beginning!



9 comments:

Erika said...

Great job...you seem very inspired

beckyjune said...

these are gorgeous shots, Deanna!

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

Beautiful photos, Deanna! You are talented in more ways than one!! :)

Unknown said...

Fabulous pictures ! I wish I could do the same !

Marinette-Scraptherapie said...

Wow! Quelles magnifiques photos♥♥

Miranda said...

I love your photo's!

Lilith Eeckels said...

Wow Deanna. Those pictures are FABULOUS.

Pam said...

You are so talented, all of these are simply beautiful!!! Seriously, please keep up with it because these are awesome!!

Sherri said...

You've got some really gorgeous photos there Deanna. How wonderful for dear Mr. Elliot to spend so much time with you. A real gift.