Monday, June 28, 2010

At the risk of being cheesy...

I'm bravely posting this picture and layout. Josh thinks it's very cheesy, but says "I'm sure scrapbookers will like it." (I rolled my eyes. gee thanks dear.) Really though, as I come to the end of this pregnancy I'm getting kinda emotional about it. Guess I'm hormonal. But this is probably our last kidddo, and so the last time I plan to be pregnant, and well, I kinda want to remember it.

I'm one of those weirdos that actually likes being pregnant. I really do. Even though I have a sore back, an official "outie" bellybutton, can't sit in hard chairs, and the heat is getting to me, I can't help but think what a blessing it is to carry a child! It's easy for me to overlook the hardships when I remember what it was like to LONG for a child only to have 4 miscarriages. Or worse yet, to lose one of our little ones in the womb. Pregnancy is such a blessing to me that I really do LIKE to be pregnant. And on top of all this, having a BOY has made me so so excited! It's a whole new experience in store for us!

(See? I told you I was emotional. or at least sentimental.)

SO...cheesy or not...here I go. I'm posting this picture. Don't laugh. Just know that I'm probably crazy, may even regret it, but want to remember too. ;)


Photobucket
This is another one for The Color Room, this time palette #12. It was a challenge for me to use dark, muted colors, AND orange on top of that! So it's a simple one. I used Oct. Aft. and Amer. Crafts papers, a Hambly transparency, Nikki Sivils burlap buttons, and VERY OLD Heidi Swapp photo corners.

Thanks for letting me share my cheesy, sentimental side of things.

Hope you're having a great Monday!

11 comments:

Jenni said...

D!!! I was thinking about you the other day wondering how you were doing...getting closer!!! This layout is a knockout...just perfect! Hope you're feeling well...hang in there!!

Jana Eubank said...

This is beautiful! And I love that you are sentimental about carrying that beautiful blessing! :D I can't believe you only have a few short weeks left and we get to meet your handsome little guy!

You did a BEAUTIFUL job with that color palette. WOW! And I ADORE the way you used the "old" HS photo corners . . . I have a bunch of those myself, and just may lift that idea! ;) Love ya, girl! Hugs!

Jason and Gretchen said...

Not cheesy, I love it!!! I wish I had taken more "belly pics" - you will not regret that!

Zarah said...

It's beauuuutiful!! TFS!

Aphra Bolyer said...

Awwww.....I think it's super sweet. You look GREAT!!! And the photo is precious. Makes me wish I would have taken a similar photo. Enjoy these last few weeks, girlie. ;-)

Gretchen said...

ok i was totally expecting to see a half-nekkid picture of you or something!!
LOVE the layout!

Creating Memories said...

I think it is a beautiful picture and a great layout! Enjoy these last few weeks of being pregnant. :)

lisa westphal said...

Beautiful LO and priceless photo. I think that it is wonderful that you are cherishing the time you still have being pregnant.:) You've captured the moment just perfect. :)

Julie Bonner said...

This is a fabulous layout Deanna - you are totally inspiring me to do the same :) I never took any belly pics with Ryan but knowing this is our last as well (and going through similar losses as well) - I am determined to document this whole experience much better than I did with Ryan - really try & treasure every little moment for the miracle it is :) Thanks for the inspo!!

erin Yamabe said...

Deanna,
This is such a beautiful layout! We too have endured too many miscarriages to count. And even though I typically am nauseated to the point of having the nurses come to my home and put ivs in me, I'm overjoyed at the thought the Lord has entrusted me with this child.
Many blessings,
Erin

Anonymous said...

I think it's beautiful! And I think you'll be glad you have the picture, no matter how cheesy your hubby think it might be!