Friday, June 11, 2010

A bittersweet layout

"They adore each other"



This is one of my favorite current layouts. I made it using papers from Noel Mignon's new "Sun-kissed" kit that includes the new Echo Park, Jillibean, and Cosmo Cricket lines. This kit couldn't be MORE up my alley! It's so bright and cheery!

That said, this layout makes my heart ache. You see, it's of Caroline and her best friend in the whole wide world. They've known each other since the womb practically. In fact, I've got a photo of Kels sitting beside C when she's in her infant carrier carseat. They go that far back.

And now they're moving. :(

Like 10 hours away moving. And we don't know what to do with that. My girls don't can't grasp the concept that they won't be able to play with their friends anymore.
Those of us that do get it are really really sad. So while I love this layout, and will cherish it, right now it brings tears to my eyes. We just love them so much and will miss them dearly.

3 comments:

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

awww it's so sad that they're moving :( Maybe her being too young to grasp the fact is a good thing? In a way? I feel for you and the family though :(

This is a gorgeous gorgeous page!!! I love the paper lanterns. I'm gonna have to get some of that paper :)

Kathy Martin said...

Fantastic! Love everything about this page! :)

Virginia said...

I LOVE this layout so much. I've looked at it several times on my google reader. Seriously amazing, girl.