Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A quick, fun little project

My dear friend Virginia is QUEEN of dollar store finds, and turning them in to some beautiful scrappy goodness. Inspired by her and a print I saw while browsing Etsy, I decided to try my hand at a quick altering job too!

I started out with this frame from the Dollar Store. You can't quite tell, but the frame is actually a barn red color, and had several mats beige, navy, and then the advertisement in the middle. (Ahem---please excuse the crayon on the wall--I ran out of Magic Erasers.)

After about 20 minutes, maybe less, I'd turned it in to this:


I'm so proud of it! Since scrap papers don't come in 11x14 and the colors worked perfectly, I chose to keep the mats the way they were. All I did was inserted the pale blue paper (Amer. Crafts. "Junior" line), and then stuck down the Thickers. Mac's room is kind of a sporty theme anyway, so I can't WAIT to hang it on the wall. I'll be sure to post a picture when I do. ;)

6 comments:

Kathie said...

Auper cute....love those dollar store finds!

Virginia said...

CAH-UUUUTE girl! I love it!

Unknown said...

I love this Deanna!!

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

such a fun, quick project and it's cute too! Thanks for sharing Deanna!

Jason and Gretchen said...

Love the name! ;) And the project, so cute!!

Kathy Martin said...

Great project! So very creative! :)