Monday, June 14, 2010

Sand & Surf

Photobucket

This week's room over at The Color Room focused on a more subtle color palette that totally inspired me to scrap some beach pictures. And these beach pictures are almost 2 yrs. old. The girls are almost 3 and almost 2 in these (grainy) pictures. I think I'd had my camera less than a month at that point. But look, their UM cheerleader outfits still fit them. Sigh....they were so little.



For this LO I used a combination of papers from 3 of Noel's kits, Mill Street, Lemonade Stand, and Sun-kissed. I also threw in some very old Scenic Route hand cut swirls for good measure. This was my first time playing with Core'dinations cardstock, and even though it was really messy, I loved sanding and spraying it with mists. And since I was already "dirty" I pulled out what's left of my Tim Holtz crackle paint (thank you SK for painting with it before me) and crackled the ampersand in the title. I had a really fun time messing around with this one in case you couldn't tell.

Something else I can't quite tell yet will be announced tomorrow. How's that for a little teaser?!?! Be sure to check back in for the exciting news! ;)

3 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

what a perfect color palette for your beach page! Love it! :)

Gretchen said...

love that layout!!

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

love your take on the palette!!! Gorgeous!