Wednesday, March 16, 2011

My 3 blessings

Hey there everyone! It's seems like it's been a while. Sorry about that. We're home now from the wedding, which was beautiful and lots of fun. And I'm trying to play catch-up from everything that I missed. Daylight Savings time is NOT helping.

Today, I'd like to share a layout I did for the March Lily Bee challenge. The challenge was to create your own embellishment(s), and I chose to make some handmade flags. They were quick and easy, and fun to make!


The supplies you need are some patterned paper cut into 1/2" strips and folded in half, rub-ons, straight pins, and some quick dry glue. I used my Helmar 450 Quick Dry which is my absolute very favorite! ;) To make the flag, I applied the 450 Quick Dry on the pin, and slid it down into the fold of the paper. Easy peasy.

And here's how they look on my layout. I simply pushed the pins down in to some 3D adhesive foam.



and some other close-ups of the details
I also adhered the rafia to my page using the same 450 Quick Dry. ;)




And if this layout looks vaguely familiar to anyone, it's one that I started way back in the fall. But something just didn't jive, so I remounted it on blue Basic Grey paper and added a lot of details. I also moved the flowers so that they were clustered together. Much better. At least I think so.

That's all I've got for today. I'll be back tomorrow with a layout and a sketch challenge that's going on this month over at My Little Shoebox!



No comments: